There are many things in life that simply never get old and provide a base for many of us to retreat to when life seems to get complicated. Warm to dark tones, soothing wandering grain, little color variation, some natural characteristics, but few to no knots. These are the parameters that describe our Classic Collection; woods that will reflect an innate will of determination, strong family values and love for others. Woods that present a deep sense of commitment and welcoming spirit. Spend some time looking over our collection of traditional woods that will continue to be loved for generations. For further help, contact one of our wood specialists today.
– Warm to dark wood tones
– Soothing wandering grain patterns
– Less color variation
– Some natural wood characteristics
– Select grades meaning fewer knots
– Available in traditional patterns
(click to see pattern sheets)
(click to enlarge)
|Select Cedar||Select Douglas Fir||Select Lyptus||Select Mahogany||Select Red Oak||Select White Oak||Select Pine||Select Walnut|
|Standard Vee Joint- PV014 & PV013||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Center & Edge Beaded- PB004 & PB005||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Edge Beaded- PB006 & PB007||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Sierra Beaded- PB008 & PB009||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Roanoke Beaded- PB012 & PB013||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Mission- PM003 & PM004||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Rivers Edge- PM013 & PM014||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Butterfly-PM021 & PM022||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
- 70% of boards have no knots, 30% of boards can have a knot up to ¼” diameter every 1’ or up to 1-1/2” diameter for every 4’.
- Flat grain orientation.
- Occasional end split limited to 6” in length.
- Wane limited to 1/8” x 15% of length on back face for 1” thickness, 1/4” x 15% of length on back face for 5/4” & 2” thicknesses.
- Back face can have some skip dressing/torn grain or voids.
- Natural wood characteristics allowed (gum pocket, burled grain and color variation)
- Will contain both heart and sap colors, no blue sap stain.
- Great choice for a value priced high quality grade with few knots.
- Hardwoods can also be available in quartersawn – rift and/or quartered grain.